Having a body, means you are having a life inside you. Am I right? You feel your own body, how it works, how it survived a pain or pressures.
We all want to feel well. As a plus, we want to be fit, we want to look fit and look ok.
For me, a good-looking shape is a plus. But, the most important thing for me is how I feel about it.
Gaining weight was such a hard challenge for me. I had to add 2 more Kg’s prior to my first pregnancy, due to malnutrition. I workout 4hours a day, and I was not feeding my self well.
After birth, I was breastfeeding and extending it until Haka was 5, in a condition of a very active life. A very busy working schedule.
I was under weight, restless and not healthy at all. Because i often came home late, and having no desire on having dinner at all.
That was how hard myself was, trying to gain weights, maintain it, live it.
People often came to me, stop me and ask what I’ having for everyday meal. And even some was stocked when they caught me eating plates of white rice, normal Indonesian food, and not even worry about my weight or shape.
Most “compliment” I heard was, how lucky I am, having (well…, an almost) proportional weight.
Don’t get me wrong, most of those saying that to me, was actually in my class and they are in a nice shape as well. And…no…my body is not that easy to manage. I’ve gone through Colonoscopy during my 20s , because of these problem in my bowel movements. I had that Bulimic experience (not disease)…I had those days when my gut was just not right. So no. To me, I’m far for proportional.
When I took a personal training session, I found my body is , actually Gluten Intolerant. In which, I was actually been suffering from the effect itself for years, but never pay attention on it.
I had bread almost everyday, every morning, crackers, cake and all that stuff. Did not realize, the after effect in my body.
The effect was, My skin rash immediately, i had eczemas, it literally destroy my skin, I feel bloated most of the time, and my face will get swollen and you will see it a.s.a.p.
One time I ate Granola, and in minutes, my face turned red, and rashes came out of it. I feel hot. And it happened in front of my friends. Get that! By mean, my temperature was rising. Turned out, it was because of the allergy to gluten in oats.
I thought Oats was healthy for me!
And with research, I found that there’s Gluten in some Oats. Eerr……
Are Oats Gluten Free?
Above articles by Dr. Axe
So then, there was I.
A very confused, and frustrated human being.. Knowing that all of this time my diet or what so ever we call it, was actually harming my self. Regularly eating oats, granola, soy’s, red meat, whey proteins, and all that guys, Was not actually making myself better. ‘
I cant extend my favor to that food and feed my hunger over those. So I started my research. I test my self. And consult my health to the right person. I read books; I took online training and quizzes.
After while, here I am, sitting and back to my plant-based diet. In which have helped me re-shape and clearing my skin.
But I wont call it a diet. It’s a living. Diet is temporary; meanwhile, I want to feel good at all time. Until I’m old. Man, I do want to look good on my 50s. Hey!
So what exactly my point here?
When it comes to our own health, we need to stop comparing ourselves, our body, to anyone else. Human were born with different genes. For yourself sake! Please stop comparing yourself with others.
- Understand that some people might need more carbs during their day, or another person needs more protein. And like me, I’m highly allergy to gluten. But Gluten-free diet is not always the healthiest offer. Its kind of pointless, when you live a gluten free life, but instead of changing those glutens with real food, you buy processed packed food with “gluten-free” labels on it. Not even counting or noticing the sugar in it. That’s wrong. This year to top of, I’m reducing meat or might have it fully off my meal. As well , with sugar.
- Our Activities in a day, tell how much food for our energy source. And people activities are different. So it is important for us, to understand this first before cutting many things out of our meal.
- Research and see the right nutritionist to assist you. Do allergy test. To find out what your body can actually accept, when you feel you’ve been having issues on your weight/ health.
- If you thinking about losing weights or get in shape. I can only answer this with one sentence. Exercise Regularly. By mean, regularly. There’s nothing harm about exercising for your body. Really. Nothing. It helps you improve your metabolism, that will effect you system. Cardiovascular system; digestion, breathing, brain and coordination. Many things inside your body.
Exercise increase endorphin , Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine. For example, the feeling that follows a run or workout is often described as “euphoric.” That feeling, known as a “runner’s high,” can be accompanied by a positive and energising outlook on life. – by WebMD.com
Now this is something I truly experience post running.
Exercise regularly will not only boost your metabolism, but I will give you the right shape, a better quality mental and life. Follow by the right nutrition.
Is that mean, I have to say goodbye to my favorite Dunkin Donuts Sugar Ice with Strawberry Filling for good? NO! I still have em, probably once in few months. But still, my gut will soon react badly to them. As well with Cappucinno. Oh man!
But Whatever it is….you know your own body. You have to be ready with the consequences from what you’ve been eating. You have to accept the fact that some “processed food” gives nothing but a satisfactory feel to your health. That’s not wrong, but its not right if it goes beyond the limit.
- Eat everything in moderate. Exercise and maintain it well. Get support and help from the right people. Enjoy live. Your life. Not others. OCD, KETO, MACROS, PALEO , Plant Based, Vegan…what ever you are eating, you are the one who can feel it and later see the result
Bear in mine, we have different types of body,genes, and your diets might not be mine. And mine, may not ok with your body.
But to live healthy, we need to commit to exercise and nourish ourself with the right nutrition that our body need.
Off to Sunday with my Family. I think I’ll find some Taco for the night! Yuuurrr